Warranty Terms And Details
Tata AutoComp GY Batteries Pvt. Ltd. warrants that our product is free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting normal use, and is in conformity with the respective specifications of the product for the warranty period subject to the following:
- The warranty is only applicable for products purchased through company authorized outlets.
- The warranty card registration form must be completed with accurate details and returned to the authorized outlet where the purchase is made.
- The warranty card must be produced during the warranty service. This warranty card is irreplaceable in the event of loss or mutilation. The warranty card is not transferable.
- The warranty period (from the date of purchase) our batteries are under will be as mentioned in the company document.
- Company batteries are warranted against all defects arising solely from the use of faulty material or poor workmanship. Consequential liabilities will not be entertained. In event of any particular model being phased out, or out of stock, the Company reserves the right to provide another equivalent model of same capacity best suited for the application as a settlement of warranty. The replaced battery will carry on the remaining warranty of the defective battery.
- In the event of any complaint, the battery shall be returned to the authorized Company Distributor/Dealer/Company's Service location.
- The right to determine whether a battery needs rectification or free replacement or pro-rata settlement, rests with the company.
- A defective battery in the event of free replacement/pro-rata settlement is the property of the company and no compensations such as scrap rebate will be given for it.
- In the event of repairs/replacement, the original warranty term for such repair/replacement will not be extended.
- Warranty will not be entertained after the expiry of warranty period, which will commence only from the date of sale.
- Recharging is not covered under warranty.
- In case of inverter the voltage of the inverter should be such that the upper limit does not exceed 14.2-14.4V and the inverter does not discharge battery below 11.0V. After the full charge, float the setting to 13.8V to 13.9V.
- All liabilities under this warranty will cease in case of:
- Usage of any consumable items like additives or dopes, other than distilled water
- Usage in wrong application, other than that of solar backup application.
- Damage due to natural calamity, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use, modification, improper operation, installation or maintenance of product.
- Improper voltage supply, repair or attempted repair by any party other than the Company's authorized personnel.
- Fitment of additional accessories over the original fitment
- Alteration or defacement of the warranty card/product serial number/bar code sticker in any manner whatsoever.
- Battery defect caused by faulty electrical systems, improper handling, service by unauthorized dealers/electricians, willful abuse, destruction by fire, collision, theft or recharging.
- Breakage of container and/or cover.
- Damage to the battery caused due to contamination of the electrolyte.
- If the battery is transferred to a third party.
- Solar panel size is not adequate to properly charge the battery
To get the maximum life from your battery, it is advisable that:
- Proof of maintenance as specified in this manual, will be furnished at the time of service. Failure to do so can invalidate this warranty.
- This battery has been designed to use only for solar application through solar charge controller applications and hence not recommended for use in any other application.
- Customers are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these terms & conditions at the time of purchase.
- Company reserves the right to inspect electrical system of application if required.
- Warranty settlement will be based on the report generated by an automated failure analysis process using state-of-the-art equipment. The company's decision shall be final in case of any dispute.
- The top of the battery must be kept clean and dry. Petroleum Jelly should be applied to cable clamps and terminals. Never apply grease. Terminal corrosion, dirt and moisture cause loss of power and make the battery weak.
- Get the electrical wiring and battery open circuit voltage checked regularly and recorded in the service record. A faulty electrical system will damage the battery.
- Electrolyte level must always be maintained in line with the bottom of the vent hole. In case of any drop in the electrolyte level, add pure distilled water. NEVER ADD ACID.
- The battery cells may lose water during usage, check water level regularly and maintain the level
- Every time a new battery is fitted, the electrical system should be fully checked.
- Keep the battery away from places near fire as the hydrogen gas generated from the battery may cause fire and explosion.
- Shorting the battery terminals with a wire etc. will cause a fire and/or explosion.
Battery Service Record Sheet for Two-wheeler Battery
Battery Service Record Sheet for Inverter Battery
Battery Service Record Sheet for Car/UV/Tractor/Truck Battery